Saturday, September 15, 2012

Eating the Rainbow


Today's lunch was pretty simple.  Once again we don't have much food in our house, so I had to rummage through my fridge and cupboards to see what was available.  I had some spinach, broccoli, colorful baby peppers, a can of beans, some cheese, and some bacon. 

I thawed the bacon, cut it up into bits and cooked it.  I drained it and set it aside to cool.  I opened a can of kidney beans, and rinsed and drained them.  then I cut up one crown of broccoli into small bite sized pieces.  I also cut the baby peppers into halves, took the seeds out sliced them into thin slices.  I had some spinach I had washed a few days ago, so I pulled it out of the fridge and did a rough chop on that to aim for bite sized pieces.  Then I cut up small squares of cheese (cause it was faster than grating).  I threw it all together into one bowl and tada!  

Salad dressings:

My husband likes Ranch dressing, and I prefer a vinaigrette, so I quickly made two dressings to go over the top.  

For his dressing, I took some hidden valley ranch powder (probably about a teaspoon or two), and I mixed it with about 1/4 cup of olive oil based mayo...  easy salad dressing.

For my dressing I put maybe 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar, a tablespoon of olive oil, a 1/2 teaspoon of garlic seasoning, and just a sprinkle of the ranch seasoning and whisked it all together...another easy one, and it is one of my favorite kinds of dressing bases.  Normally, I don't use the ranch, but I add some Dijon mustard and honey, and make it a honey mustard vinaigrette, which I really love.


Anyway, enjoy!  

<3   

No comments:

Post a Comment