Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cilantro Lemon Lime Chicken



I am still on a celebration of cilantro kick.  Today I marinated 4 chicken breasts in about a 1/4 cup of dried cilantro, with maybe 1/8 of a cup of lime juice, and maybe 1/3 of a cup of lemon juice. The amounts are a bit odd, because I used the lime juice I had left, and then had to fill the bag up with enough lemon juice to do the bag marinade method.  The recipes that inspired it all used lime (see the bottom for those links) but you could use all lemon or all lime.  I used a tablespoon of honey, and a big chunk of frozen garlic (maybe 4 cloves).  I put them all into a gallon ziplock, and sucked out as much air as possible.  The chicken was frozen when it went in, and I let it evenly marinade all day.  



After it has been marinating 8 hours, I pulled out the grill pan.  I put it on top of the gas flame, and heated it up.  I spritzed the pan with oil, and lowered the flame, to maybe medium.  


Once the pan was hot, I put the chicken on, and let it do it's thing while I prepared the veggies.  


I took a head of broccoli, and chopped it into flouretts, and put it into a bowl with a lid.  I poured enough olive oil to coat in the bowl, then put in some thyme (okay a lot of thyme cause I forgot my bottle was open and not a shaker lid), some garlic, powder, a coating of cayenne pepper, and a bit of lemon juice.  I put the lid on the bowl and shook to coat the broccoli pretty evenly.  Once the chicken was done and I took it off the pan, I threw the oiled broccoli on it.


It turned out more grilled than fried, with charred spots, and a nice coating of seasonings.  Once it was done, I plated up.  



OH MY GOSH, THIS WAS THE BEST CHICKEN I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!!!
Husband loved the broccoli too, and he is not a huge fan of the stuff! 
It is the first time I have cooked it like that, and it turned out almost as good as the chicken!  

I did  make this recipe my own, but special thanks to myrecipes.com and the Artsy-Foodie for combining together to create dinner (and lunch)!




1 comment: