Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Roast Beef and Potatoes!

Tonight I made roast beef with baked potatoes and green beans with gravy.
I cooked my meat with a crock pot.  I cut up an onion and cooked it on low with some chunks of beef.  I can't really say roast, cause I cannot get a roast in Korea.  I find some big chunks in long strips, and cut them up.  I cooked the onion and the meat with 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce and maybe a cup of water.  I used maybe 3 cloves of garlic in the mix too.  I put it up all in my slow cooker on low for 7 hours.  I came home to a yummy smelling house, but no side dishes.  I microwaved some potatoes and green beans.  I used my Pampered Chef gravy separator with all of the drippings and the onions.  I poured it all in, and waited for the fat to separate out.  I poured out the thick juice, and left most of the fat in the separator.  Then I devolved some flour in about a tablespoon of butter (yes, added fat back!).  Cooked it in a frying pan til thickened up a bit.
It turned out so good.  One thing I can't wait for in the USA and something I have missed so much here, is simply finding a roast, and cooking roast beef with potatoes in the pot for friends and family.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I too miss a real roast here in Korea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could remember the cut of meat I use for this though, I always just say it is a chunk of meat because I cut it into chunks.

      Delete